Thursday, 31 May 2012

Next To Me

I used this song for Communion a few weeks back.

I used it to consider how God has promised to always be with us.  In the act of Communion God meets with us by His Spirit and Jesus' Story becomes our story.  We encounter God and His eternal promise 'I am with you' is truth and life for us.

'So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.' Isaiah 41:10
'And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.' Matthew 28:20

Some words from the song,

'When the money's spent and all my friends have vanished
And I can't seem to find no help or love for free
I know there's no need for me to panic
Cos I'll find him, I'll find him next to me.

...When all I need's a hand to stop the tears from falling
I will find him, I'll find him next to me.'

No comments: