Tuesday, 17 May 2011

I Believe...

I believe life is beautiful.

I believe life is ugly.

I believe the truth is out there.

I believe the truth is nowhere.

I believe people are amazing.

I believe people are shocking.


I believe success is a word that should be purged from the Church.

I believe vulnerability is the Way of Jesus followers.

I believe 'vision' makes people blind.

I believe 'goals' make people unloving and unlovely.


I believe God is 'for' you.

I believe God is angry at injustice and oppression.

I believe God hurts when you hurt.

I believe God laughs.

I believe God loves you.



I believe that God believes in you.



I believe the world is stunning.

I believe the world is stunningly painful.

I believe that the dawn is coming.

I believe that heaven will come to earth.

I believe that God will wipe every tear from our eyes.


I believe the Bible is incredible.

I believe the Bible is difficult.

I believe the Bible is a narrative.

I believe the Bible is on a journey.

I believe the Bible is not God.

I believe the Bible witnesses to God.

I believe the Bible is not a rule book for life.

I believe Jesus is our model for life.


I believe punishment is to restore.

I believe justice is to heal.


I believe in Jesus.

I believe Jesus died for all people on the cross.

I believe Jesus died to eradicate sin.

I believe Jesus died to kill death.

I believe Jesus died to heal the whole cosmos.

I believe Jesus died and was buried in a tomb.

I believe Jesus bodily rose again from the dead.

I believe Jesus will return again.

I believe many many more things than this about Jesus.


I believe many things that I can't think of right now.


I believe in you.

I believe that I sometimes have an ulterior motive in getting to know you.

I believe that I am sorry for that.


I believe that life is precious.

I believe that you are precious.


I believe that sometimes I don't know what to believe.


I believe in love.

I believe that love is a verb.

I believe in my wife.

I believe in my daughters.


I believe that my life is devoted to serving God.

I believe that serving God is great.

I believe that serving God is hard.


I believe in Jesus.

I believe...

1 comment:

Sarah Crane said...

Great stuff Joe!