Monday, 8 March 2010

Have A Break

I'm going to have a break from blogging.

There are a number of reasons.

Two and half years ago I became tee-total. It was a journey of discovery in terms of breaking down idols and learning to worship God in deeper and more committed ways. Alcohol was something that had a strong grip over my life and I felt God calling me to give this idol up. I named this desire to drink 'The Beast':

You know when you want something. When you really REALLY want something. All you can think about is this thing that you want. It is always on your mind. You think of ways in which you can get it. Sometimes you know your desire for it is unhealthy, then in the next thought you rationalise it and convince yourself that it is normal to desire something this much. Sometimes your desire for it subdues, and life goes on as normal, but deep down, in the depths, this desire still burns, still rages and you wonder how you will ever live with this desire unless you feed it. Sometimes you mange to feed it but the next day it is hungry again, still raging within...and so it goes on. This is 'The Beast'. It wants to consume me. Lord help.


The reason I'm writing about this is because I have noticed the subtle way my desire for alcohol has transferred onto the internet. So I'm checking my blog a lot, reading other people's blogs and spending my time like this. I've noticed that it's starting to have an impact on my prayer life and spiritual health, so it is a problem. Therefore I'm going to have a break from all things blog. I need to have a spiritual workout.

Not sure when I'll start up again, if at all. Have to see how it goes.

Thanks for reading my blog. Good to meet new people through this.

God Bless you all.

'Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.' Philippians 4:4-7 NIV

2 comments:

Julie said...

will miss you and your thought provoking blogs but spiritual disciple is good!

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com