Friday, 12 February 2010

Forgetting What Is Behind

I would just like to comment that my friend made the right decision. I have a limited understanding of the events, but know he made a decision, under God, and that decision was made to honour God and lead the community into a better place. I'm some of you will know what I'm talking about, but I don't want to be too explicit about it until they feel ready to talk about it.

Jesus said things and did things that people didn't like because of lack of understanding and being short sighted. Disciples left him because of this. The road of the cross and seeking the will of the Father will sometimes mean that hard decisions are made, people walk away and grief will needed to be endured.

BUT, out of the agony and pain of the Cross comes the resurrection! And so we fix our eyes on Jesus and march boldly towards the Promised Land, forgetting what is behind and straining for what is ahead! And we do it as a community, and I offer my love to this person as a fellow part of that community.

3 comments:

BanksyBoy said...

Amen...

Sam Norton said...

We really are overdue for that catch-up meeting aren't we?

Joe Haward said...

When are you free? I was thinking this morning that we needed to meet up. I'm about till 12pm this morning and am free all day Thursday or Friday morning. You could come to mine if you like?