Thursday, 26 November 2009

New Job...?

I haven't been blogging much this week because I have been travelling up and down the UK looking at possible job's. I've clocked 1200 miles in the last 4 days and am feeling pretty tired!!

What has been really encouraging is that there are churches out there that are stepping out and doing some really challenging and scary stuff for the Kingdom of God. There are churches that recognise that if we don't start changing how we interact with our communities then we are going to fade away. There are churches that are seeing how difficult it is to 'go' and engage with people who are not interested in church, yet as they go they are seeing amazing things happen and peoples lives transformed. There are churches who are willing to get it wrong, to be messy, to not have all the answers, to accept people where they are at, to be incarnational. There are churches who are tired of the same old same old. There are churches who don't want to meet on a Sunday morning, sing some songs and be talked at. There are churches who recognise that ALL denominations and movements have blown it in some way and there needs to be a change.

So I'm encouraged and challenged and scared.

Where is God calling me next? I know it is something that doesn't fit neatly in a church box. I know it is something that challenges the establishment. I know it is something that needs to be incarnational and connected with people who are not followers of Jesus. I know it is going to be an exciting and challenging time.

No comments: