Thursday, 15 October 2009

Moving On

It struck me today that I am leaving Mersea in around 9 months time! Exciting!

I'll be taking up a new ministry in a new place somewhere in the UK. I'm looking forward to the change and the fresh challenges this will bring. College is an amazing place and I'm going to miss being there and the depth of learning I experience there, but I'm ready to spread my wings and fly. I'm going to miss Mersea, but because all my family is here I will back on a regular basis.

Hopefully I'll be ordained in June and graduate in June and then move sometime in July. I just need to try and hear and know where God is calling us to next. Sarah is really excited and has been looking at prospective places online and trying to get a 'feel' for them. The next 9 months are going to disappear quickly and the reality is that it is not long to settle into a new ministry. But I know God has got it all under control! If you pray then I would value your prayers about this whole journey we are now on.

It's been great to be a part of what God is doing here on Mersea. Plenty of ups and downs. So much to be thankful for. Learnt more about God, church, people and myself than I could ever have imagined. And there is a long way to go yet!

2 comments:

Sam Norton said...

How much choice do you get on the next stage?

Joe said...

It's kind of like match.com! My profile is looked at by a settlement team and they look at all the churches and ministries and they try and find a match. They send my name off to these places and then if they want to talk to me then they will ring me.
My name has gone to 6 places in the UK so I am now waiting to hear. I will then go and informally meet with the church/organization and get a feel for the place and area.
The settlement team meet once a month.