Tuesday, 27 October 2009

5 Deeply De-Christian Doctrines Meme

Thanks to David for prompting me to do this as a meme:

List 5 doctrines that are taught within the Christian church that you believe to be deeply de-Christian.

I tag David, Sam, Tim A, Banksy and Tim

Those that I listed were:

1. The doctrine of penal substitution

2. The belief that Genesis is a literal account of creation (i.e that the world was created in 6 literal 24 hour days)

3. The doctrine that believes woman should not be in church eldership/bishops

4. Calvin's doctrine of divine election/retribution

5. The doctrine that 'salvation' is about going to heaven

4 comments:

dmk said...

This seems to be proving quite popular - normally the people I tag don't bother, but they've nearly all done a post, within a few hours of being tagged. It might be interesting to do a compilation at some point!!

Joe said...

I'll keep my eye out for those who've done them and when there is a good range I'll put them all on my blog. Good thinking! Glad it's proving popular. Cheers for prompting me to turn it into a meme.

dmk said...

Quite a few now

http://blogsearch.google.co.uk/?hl=en&q=de+christian&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=w

I've commented on one of them to make sure you get the credit for the idea!

Joe said...

Cheers David! Think there is some discussion about why the term 'de-Christian'. When I draw some of the lists together I'll say why I used that particular term.