Monday, 17 August 2009

Britain's Top 50 Summer Restaurants


The Company Shed (my Mum's Restaurant) was selected as one of the top 50 restaurants to eat in Britain by The Telegraph!  Quite an achievement.  Rick Steins place is on there as well as Heston Blumenthal.  


What I love about this is that if anyone knows my mum they know that she has never set out to make The Company Shed a famous restaurant, she simply did what she had to do when my Dad's business went under.  She just wanted to provide for her family so she sold prawns and cockles out of the front window of a shack on the sea-front that my dad had brought a couple of years earlier.  It seemed to grow from there into a thriving place to eat seafood. It's a great little place to eat with a great atmosphere.



If you ever go to The Company Shed you will be treated the way you would be if you went into my mum's home!  My mum is very down to earth and tells you what she thinks, no hold's barred!  My mum is an amazing women.

No comments: