Friday, 17 July 2009

Keep Me Real Lord

'A church is not a place for religious goods and services, where people pay a fee and receive a product in return.  A church is not an organization that surveys its demographic to find out what the market is demanding at this particular moment and then adjusts its strategy to meet that consumer niche.

The way of Jesus is a path of descent.  Its about our death.  It's our willingness to join the world in its suffering.'  Rob Bell, Jesus Wants to Save Christians

For some time now I have been pondering the whole issue of church.  I am certain now of God's calling on my life to explore new ways of engaging with people with the Gospel.  How that looks and where it will be I am still unsure.  

Yet I am sure that it will be a calling to stay faithful to the two greatest commandments.

It is a calling to love God with all that I am.

It is a calling to love others as myself.

3 comments:

BanksyBoy said...

An amazing and challenging book - I listened in the car on Audiobook, found I had to pull over, stop, rewind, listen again and attempt to absorb!

If you get a moment check out the BBC Wales documentary about the Amish, link on my blog. More challenges to descend...

Best

PB

Joe said...

Hey - Will do. Thanks for that. Where abouts are u blogging from?

BanksyBoy said...

Here you go, this is the post with the link:

Trouble in Paradise

Best

PB