Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Story of abuse

This whole story is so so horrible.  I do not understand the world sometimes.

The people that committed these terrible crimes need to be brought to justice.

'John Walsh, of Irish Survivors of Child Abuse, said he felt "cheated and deceived" by the lack of prosecutions.

The findings will not be used for criminal prosecutions - in part because the Christian Brothers successfully sued the commission in 2004 to keep the identities of all of its members, dead or alive, unnamed in the report.

No real names, whether of victims or perpetrators, appear in the final document.

Mr Walsh said: "I would have never opened my wounds if I'd known this was going to be the end result.

"It has devastated me and will devastate most victims because there are no criminal proceedings and no accountability whatsoever."'



I know God will bring justice, if not in this life, then the next, but I'm sure that is little or no comfort to those who have suffered such horrific abuse.

No comments: