Friday, 25 July 2008

The Dark Knight (now I've seen it)




I went to see the Dark Knight last night and I absolutely loved it! It was everything I look for in a film. I left the cinema feeling SO satisfied with the last 2-3 hours of my life.


Harvey Dent was a character you warmed to and wanted to succeed. You didn't want him to loose everything and spiral into 'Two-Face'. You wanted him to win. Gordon is someone you admire, someone who makes you long to be a better person. Bruce Wayne is someone who you know deep down is a bit like you, dark yet searching for justice. Someone who you know will never be happy, but longs for others to be. The Joker...well what can I say! The performance by Heath Ledger was outstanding and very frightening. You were always on the edge of your seat when he appeared, never sure of what he was going to do. The frightening thing was that he did not care one bit about life, his own or others. The only life he cared about was Batman's ironically, because Batman completed him.


I had a great night! One of my favourite films of all time. Must go see it again soon. So many great moments in it. At times it was so dark you felt trapped. At times it was funny. At times scary. At times moving. Gonna stop going on about it now, must sound like a right geek.


Go see it.

No comments: